Town of Elk Point Council
From Left to Right: Councillor Tim Smereka, Councillor Debra McQuinn, Mayor Lorne Young, Councillor Terri Hampson and Councillor Dwayne YaremkevichPhoto Credits: Town of Elk Point Administration
Building a safe, thriving, sustainable future together.
With accountable leadership we work collaboratively to provide service excellence that is responsive to our community.
Strategic Priority #1 - Partnerships and Collaboration
Strategic Priority #2 - Fiscally Responsible
Strategic Priority #3 - Safe and Healthy Community
Strategic Priority #4 - Business Opportunities
Strategic Priority #5 - Resident Communication and Engagement
- Council meetings are in council chambers on the 2nd and 4th Monday of each month.
- View our online council minutes
PRESENTATION TO TOWN COUNCILIf you would like to make a presentation to Council, please contact the Chief Administrative Officer.
There are many ways to speak with Council:
- During Regular Council meetings every 2nd & 4th Monday of the month at 7:00 PM or thereafter there is a “Question Period/Delegation” for the public to ask question at the meetings.
- All Council and/or committee meetings are open to the public except when required to be closed by legislation F.O.I.P. Act and Municipal Government Act. i.e.: Personnel, Legal and Land.
- A person or group wishing to make a presentation to Council shall advise the chief Administrative Officer (C.A.O) in writing of not less than five (5) days prior to Council meeting date. This allows for information to be placed in Council Agenda package distributed prior to Council meeting. The CAO will set a time for the person or group usually 15-20 minutes in length depending upon how many delegations are on Agenda.
- Mayor and Council can also be contacted by email.
Mayor, Council and Administration are pleased to serve you. We encourage you to bring your concerns to our attention.
Mayor & Council
Town of Elk Point