Fire Pit & BBQ Structures
Posted on Friday May 12, 2017 at 09:57AM
NOTICE TO TOWN OF ELK POINT RESIDENTS:
Due to the hot and dry weather, please ensure the following steps for Fire Pits and Barbeque Structures are followed accordingly:
Fire Pits and barbeque structures shall be sued for the purpose of confining an outdoor fire for cooking, warmth or entertainment and shall comply with the following conditions:
a. Fire pits and barbeque structures shall be located a minimum of 3.05 metres (10 ft) from anything combustible.
b. Located on the sire in an area that takes into account the normal wind direction to prevent smoke from bother neighbours.
c. There shall be no burning of grass, weeds, tree limbs, garden refuse, garbage, or similar materials in a fire pit or barbeque structure.
d. Shall be at all times attended by the property owner/occupant (when in use) who will be held responsible for any damage and costs resulting from the use of a fire pit or barbeque structure.
e. Made of a base and sides that are non-combustable.
f. Fire pits shall be no greater than 0.81 metres (32") in diameter, and a minimum of 0.3 metres (12") deep.
g. There shall be a fire screen in place at all times while burning.
Should you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Town Office at 780-724-3810 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Author: Town of Elk Point
Comment on our article:
- Now Hiring! Hallmark Tubulars Ltd.
- Senior's Week - June 5-11, 2017
- Superintendent of Public Works & Utilites Celebrates 20 Years with Town of Elk Point
- 2017 Voyageurs Rendezvous Canoe Race
- Canadian Royal Purple Week - May 14-20, 2017
- Screen Testing is Coming to Elk Point Health Centre - July 5-8, 2017
- NOTICE - Town of Elk Point Tax Payers
- Mandatory Helmets on Public Land for Off-Highway Vehicle Riders and Passengers effective May 15, 2017