Multi-Urban IDP - Project Launch
Posted on Thursday February 22, 2018 at 03:44PM
Multi-Urban Intermunicipal Development Plans Project
The County of St. Paul No. 19, in partnership with the towns of Elk Point and St. Paul and the Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay have engaged ISL Engineering and Land Services Ltd. to prepare one new Intermunicipal Development Plan (IDP) and update two existing IDPs. The Province of Alberta is implementing new changes to the Municipal Government Act which now requires all municipalities that share a boundary with another municipality prepare a joint IDP by April 2020. These plans are intended to address future growth opportunities and other development-related matters of joint interest between the municipalities. In addition to the development of the IDPs, ISL is also preparing a new Municipal Development Plan and updating the Land Use Bylaw for the Summer Village of Horseshoe Bay.
Community engagement will occur at major milestones. Plan Area landowners, residents and other stakeholders will have key roles in the development of the IDPs.
Visit http://multi-urbanidps.ca/ to learn more.
Author:Town of Elk Point
Comment on our article:
- Trip of the Month - Community Lions of Elk Point
- Servus Credit Union - Escape the Bank Challenge
- Request for Proposal - Inter Municipal Collaboration Framework Consulting Services
- 2018 Unofficial By-Election Results
- NOTICE TO TOWN RESIDENTS - GRASS - WEEDS/DANDELIONS
- Elk Point Airport Invitation to Tender
- Election Day - By Election - June 12, 2018
- NOTICE TO TOWN RESIDENTS - BACK ALLEY GRASS-WEEDS
- Fire Pits and BBQ Structures