Day of Mourning - April 28, 2018
Posted on Friday April 13, 2018 at 10:06AM
The Town of Elk Point Mayor and Council have proclaimed April 28, 2018 as "Day of Mourning" to come together and remember the workers who were killed, injured or disabled at work.
In 2017, Alberta lost 166 men and women to workplace injury or illness.
To remember them, WCB has developed a memorial poster (click here to view) in recognition of this day. This poster will also appear in our main entrance at the Town Office as a remembrance and a tribute to the workers killed or injured on the job, and a reminder that we need to work together to make workplaces safer.
Author: Town of Elk Point
Comment on our article:
- NOTICE TO RESIDENTS - BE AWARE
- Fight Like a Princess Fundraiser - August 11 & 12, 2018
- Administration Office Closure - July 18, 2018
- Employment Opportunity - Recreation/Communication Coordinator
- Employment Opportunity - Executive Assistant
- Welcome - Councillor Tim Smereka
- WELCOME - RF PROTECTION & K9 SERVICES
- Trip of the Month - Community Lions of Elk Point
- Servus Credit Union - Escape the Bank Challenge