Recreation Park Fees - 17 Power Sites
Non-Power - $20.00/day
Power Sites - $25.00/day
Group camping - $150.00/weekend (Provincial Ball Tournaments only)
River Park Fees - 4 Non-Power Sites and 4 Power Sites
** Note: The river park is self-register **
Non-Power - $10.00/day
Power - $15.00/day
** Maximum 14 consecutive days within campground. Must vacate campground for a full 24-hour period prior to registering in another campsite.
- Please register your campsite, and limit your stay up to 14 consecutive days.
- Camping fees are payable upon arrival, and are not transferable.
- You must immediately occupy the campsite with your camping accommodation unit (ie. tent, trailer, RV).
- Campsites are available on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Listed campers are responsible for the actions of all camping party members and any visitors to their campsite.
- The maximum number of motor vehicles, tents, recreational vehicles and trailers permitted on a campsite is three, of which only two may be used as sleeping quarters (except when two tents are used for sleeping quarters in which case two motorized vehicles may be permitted).
- The camping fee applies to each accommodation unit on a campsite, unless the second accommodation unit is a tent, and there is only one motor vehicle registered to the site. In that case, there would be no additional charge for the tent.
- You may not save a campsite for others.
- No more than six people may occupy a campsite, unless they are all members of a single family unit.
- Campfires are permitted only in facilities provided, never leave your campfire unattended; make sure your campfire is completely out before you leave your campsite.
- Pouring waste water on open ground or in sump holes dug beneath trailers is prohibited. Solid waste must be disposed of in the garbage drums provided.
- Please do not bathe, clean clothing, cooking or eating utensils near the drinking fountain, water taps and water wells.
- Help yourself and other campers to enjoy the peace and tranquility of the Elk Point River Park and the Elk Point Recreation Park by avoiding excessive noise at any time of the day. Loud partying, use of stereos at high volume, and other rowdy behaviour is not tolerated.
- Quiet hours are in effect from 11:00 PM until 7:00 AM.
- In accordance with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act, consumption of alcohol is restricted to registered campsites.
- Liquor is prohibited on roads and trails, and in washrooms, gazebos, picnic sites and other public areas.
- Please drive cautiously and obey all speed limits. Children may be playing in the area and campground roads are often used as pathways.
- To prevent damage to trees and other vegetation, please keep all vehicles on designated roadways.
- To protect your pet, wildlife, and other campers, please keep your pet on a leash during your stay and while using trails.
Plants and Fossils
- To protect the natural beauty of the Elk Point River Park and the Elk Point Recreation Park, it is illegal to remove, deface, injure or destroy plants, fossils and rocks.
- Collection of, or excavation for, historic resources is not permitted.
- For your safety, and to protect local wildlife, please do not approach, harass or attempt to feed wild animals. These actions may cause a wild animal to feel threatened, and threatened animal can pose a danger to humans and/or their pets.
- It is illegal to feed wildlife in parks and recreation areas.
- We experience very little serious crime in our parks, and we ask your corporation in helping us to keep it that way;
- Vandalism: report acts of vandalism to the Town of Elk Point Office.
- Camp-watch: be a good neighbour, help protect one another's property.
- When the fire hazard is extreme, or when a forest fire situation is so serious that it poses a danger to the public, travel restrictions and/or campfire bans may be put into effect.
Note: Contravention of regulations in recreation areas may result in eviction and/or a court-imposed fine or restitution order. For additional information, contact the Town of Elk Point Administration Office by calling 780-724-3810.
Pictures of the River Park: