EMERGENCY NUMBER - 911
For any residents living in the County of St. Paul, please visit the County of St. Paul Website for more information on Fire Regulations.
FIRE PITS AND BARBEQUE STRUCTURESFire pits and barbeque structures shall be used for the purpose of confining an outdoor fire for cooking, warmth or entertainment and shall comply with the following conditions:
- Fire pits and barbeque structures shall be located a minimum of 3.05 metres (10ft) from anything combustable;
- Located on the site in an area that takes into account the normal wind direction to prevent smoke from bothering the neighbours;
- There shall be no burning of grass, weeds, tree limbs, garden refuse, garbage, or similar materials in a fire pit for barbeque structure;
- Shall be at all times attended by the property owner/occupant (when in use) who will be held responsible for any damage and costs resulting from the use of a fire pit or barbeque structure;
- Made of a base and sides that are non-combustable;
- Fire pits shall be no greater than 0.81 metres (32") in diameter, and a minimum of 0.3 metres (12") deep;
- There shall be a fire screen in place at all times while burning.
Elk Point Fire Department Contacts:Fire Chief - Peter Hewitt (780) 224-1342
Deputy Fire Chief - Kent Bernard (306) 951-0241
Fire Department Secretary - Kassandra Moores