The Town of Elk Point is seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated individual to fill the vacancy of Bylaw Enforcement Officer as a Part Time contract basis.
Reporting directly to the Town Manager (CAO), the Bylaw Enforcement Officer is responsible to ensure that the Town Bylaws and Policies and related Federal and Provincial laws are enforced in the Town of Elk Point. The incumbent must ensure compliance with all applicable legislation.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- High School Diploma or Grade 12 (GED) plus a minimum of a two-year diploma in administration or law enforcement or criminology. However, equivalent combination of education, training & experience may be considered.
- Diploma in Administrative Assistant or Law is considered an asset.
- A combination of education/training in municipal administration/enforcement may be considered.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong customer service values.
- Ability to demonstrate tact and discretion in handling matters of a confidential or politically sensitive nature.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work schedule.
- Ability to communicate (verbal/electronic) effectively with general public, industry and in a team environment.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and performing work with accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge of information technology systems and controls, assisting in developing policies, bylaws, and strategies.
- Knowledge of and/or express interest in municipal bylaw enforcement.
- A high level of integrity, confidentiality and accountability.
- Knowledge of the Alberta Municipal Government Act (M.G.A.) and other relevant Alberta legislation considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 Operator’s License.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED Certificate
- WHIMS Certification
- Adhere to the Town of Elk Point Health and Safety Program.
- Basic Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy certificate.
- Ability to obtain an enhanced security clearance from the RCMP
- 1-3 years Law/Municipal Enforcement
For a complete Job Description please see the linked document: Bylaw Enforcement Officer Job Description
Deadline for Applications: February 11, 2022 or Until a Suitable Candidate is Found
This is a part time contract position with a monthly salary of $1800.00. Evenings and/or weekend hours are part of the job. This position is also required to provide its own clerical support and office.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume including a cover letter, resume and three work related references, one being a supervisor, to [email protected] fax to 780-724-2762 or mail/drop off in person at the Town Office. A criminal record check and vulnerability check will be required by the successful candidate as per Town Policy to:
Town of Elk Point
PO Box 448
4914 – 50 Avenue
Elk Point, Alberta
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.