Portage College Tuition Free Training Program for Women
This tuition-free program is perfect if you are looking for a career operating various equipment in construction and city maintenance. Drive equipment such as snow plows, wireline trucks and hydrovacs.
This six-week program provides students with the essential safety awareness and certification, workplace culture preparation, theory and hands-on training needed to support and prepare them to enter the operating industry and successfully obtain their Class 3 Driver’s Licence.
This is a competitive program with a maximum of 12 spaces available.
• Class 3 Driver’s Training-includes 14 hours of in-truck training per student
• Basic Tools and Engines
• Air Brake Endorsement for Learners
• Face to Face Safey Training:
First Aid, H2S, Flagger
• Online Safety Training:
Professional Driver Improvement (PDIC)
Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
WHMIS, Ground Disturbance
Confined Space Pre-Entry
• Healthy Choices for Productive work
To support employment opportunities, students will also have job search support and introductions to employers in the field.
• Successful completion of drug, alcohol and fitness testing
• Class 5 Driver’s Licence (no GDL)
• 5 year driver’s abstract
Download the poster for more details including application deadline and contact information.