We’re Open For Business.
Elk Point is a diverse, welcoming town that encourages progressive entrepreneurship and community spirit. Nestled in green rolling hills, on the banks of the North Saskatchewan River, Elk Point is rich in culture, history and opportunity.
From enticing tax incentives to streamlined application processes, Elk Point says goodbye red tape and hello new industries.
Elk Point’s the perfect place to open your business.
Why choose Elk Point
for Your Business?
With a healthy selection of industries already calling Elk Point home, our small and dedicated council are here to help both domestic and international investors succeed without the barriers to growth seen in many other areas.
As a part of the Alberta HUB region, we boast:
- A strong economy and solid infrastructure to support a growing investor community
- A competitive tax structure
- The lowest corporate tax rate in Canada (10%)
- No provincial sales tax
- High GDP growth, high labour productivity, and investment per capita more than double the Canadian average
- Investment from Fortune 500 companies, global energy leaders, and innovative start-ups
- A municipal airport with an asphalt runway with hangar access and tie-downs
- Industrial area conveniently located directly off HWY 41, connecting HWY 16 to HWY 28, a major artery leading to Fort McMurray, Bonnyville, Cold Lake and all major oil and gas projects.
- Elk Point is right in the middle of 3 major oil and gas fields as well as a major agriculture area.