Get out and enjoy nature! Elk Point has two beautiful campgrounds waiting for your next adventure. Pack up the tent and roasting sticks and come enjoy the fresh air and night sky in one of our beautiful campgrounds.
Looking for some fun adventures while you're camping?
Be sure to plan your trip down Alberta's Iron Horse Trail while you're here!
|Registration||Register at the Golf Course Clubhouse||Self-Register|
|Amenities||Firepits, picnic shelter, free showers, flush toilets, baseball diamond, golf course, playground||Firepits, picnic shelter, viewing deck, day-use area, fishing allowed|
|**Maximum 14 consecutive days within campground. Must vacate campground for a full 24-hour period prior to registering in another campsite.||**Maximum 14 consecutive days within campground. Must vacate campground for a full 24-hour period prior to registering in another campsite.|
Other Campground Regulations
- In accordance with the Alberta Gaming and Liquor Act, consumption of alcohol is restricted to registered campsites.
- Liquor is prohibited on roads and trails, and in washrooms, gazebos, picnic sites and other public areas.
- Please drive cautiously and obey all speed limits. Children may be playing in the area and campground roads are often used as pathways.
- To prevent damage to trees and other vegetation, please keep all vehicles on designated roadways.
- To protect your pet, wildlife, and other campers, please keep your pet on a leash during your stay and while using trails.
Plants and Fossils:
- To protect the natural beauty of the Elk Point River Park and the Elk Point Recreation Park, it is illegal to remove, deface, injure or destroy plants, fossils and rocks.
- Collection of, or excavation for, historic resources is not permitted.
- For your safety, and to protect local wildlife, please do not approach, harass or attempt to feed wild animals. These actions may cause a wild animal to feel threatened, and threatened animal can pose a danger to humans and/or their pets.
- It is illegal to feed wildlife in parks and recreation areas.
- We experience very little serious crime in our parks, and we ask your corporation in helping us to keep it that way;
- Vandalism: report acts of vandalism to the Town of Elk Point Office.
- Camp-watch: be a good neighbour, help protect one another's property.
- When the fire hazard is extreme, or when a forest fire situation is so serious that it poses a danger to the public, travel restrictions and/or campfire bans may be put into effect.
Note: Contravention of regulations in recreation areas may result in eviction and/or a court-imposed fine or restitution order.
For additional information, contact the Town of Elk Point administration office by calling 780-724-3810.