Emergency Preparedness Week May 2 – 8, 2021
Everyone has role to play in an emergency. Emergency Preparedness Week is a national event supported by Public Safety Canada. It is an opportunity for you to take action to ensure you are prepared to protect yourself, your family, and your community during an emergency. Over the years, our Province has been hit hard with events that are outside your typical emergency response capability. The theme this year is Be Ready for Anything.
One of the most important things you can do for your family, is to make a family emergency plan. Here are a few things you will need to think about, before you write it out:
- Safe exits from your home and neighborhood
- Contact persons close-by and out-of-town
- Meeting places to reunite with family and roommates
- Health and insurance information
- Places for your pet to stay
- Risks in your region
- Location of your fire extinguisher, water valve, electrical panel, gas valve, and floor drain
Remember, your family may not be together when an emergency occurs. Plan how to meet or how to contact one another. Use this link for more information on how best to prepare you and your family:
For more information, please contact us at 780-645-4100.